Whole Picture Health & Vision ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You should Be Taking
- ALL services will be by appointment only. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- If you need something just give us a call and we’ll get you in as soon as possible.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entering the building.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- No paperwork – appointments now require pre-registration on our website.
- Only people with scheduled appointments will be allowed to enter the office. No one may accompany them. The only exception to this is minor children accompanied by their parents or patients who require the assistance of a caregiver.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car for their appointment, depending on how many people are in the practice at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- You will be asked to wear a mask, so either bring your own, or we will have one for you. We will also be taking your temperature.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
Steps Our Practice is Taking
- We have new safety protocols in place for your well being, as well as that of our staff. If you do enter our office, rest assured that we have taken every precaution to make it a safe and comfortable environment for you.
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Every chair will be disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time.
- The exam room and pretesting instruments will be disinfected after every patient.
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc. and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use by a patient.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Nightly UV sanitation
- Discussions with doctors and staff will be kept to a minimum.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.